Fun Page of Activities
Fun Activities to Prepare Your Child for 1st Grade!
- Count money – nickels, dimes, pennies
- Tell time to the hour and half hour
- Say a word and have your child “chop it apart”.
- Review letter names, and sounds.
- Count by 1’s, 5’s, and 10’s
- Start spelling and reading short vowel words.
- Make up nonsense words and have them spell it.
- Review Kindergarten sight words and make sentences with them.
- Practice writing their first name and last with spaghetti noodles.
- Write words in shaving cream.
- Add and subtract using food.
- Read signs while driving down the road.
- Explore numbers and words in the grocery store.